Thursday, October 29, 2009

Is my heart at home?

Well it's been one of those weeks... sometime wondering if I will get through and raise these kids ok.  But God has been gently reminding me to keep my heart at home.  Oh... that is where it wants to be.  It's like a "sigh" to be there and just minister to my kids.  I just need to stay and not get pulled away by so many "errands" that seem important at the time.  No matter what others may tell me as well.

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

It's quiet now in the house and all is thoughtful and reflective.  Thank you Lord for these quiet moments of encouragement for my heart when I need it.

He is so GOOD!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nikko,
    He is so good. I love those quiet reflective moments when you can think without being interrupted. I loved your post. It is hard sometimes to keep your heart at home. I try really hard to keep my heart at home. We keep the errands to a minimum around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Nikko ,
    I have had to pray at different times in this stay at home homeschooling mom journey that God would give me fulfillment in what He has called me to do! I can relate to this. This year we really cut out alot of stuff, and we are more homebody than ever. :) darci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nikko,
    I like this photo of footprints in the sand. I would like to use it as a background for my school's yearbook cover. I am a teacher. I just wanted to check for copyright purposes.
    I admire you in your homeschooling journey! Many blessings to you and your family!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikko,
    I forgot to say this is not for profit. My email is carmenmn3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete